Tier 1 Energy Major
Sustainable Energy Enterprise
Enterprise Asset Management
Enable Digital Transformation to accelerate energy sustainability
Industry : Energy
Services Offered : UI/UX Consulting, App Development, App Modernization, App Optimization
Celestial helped optimize and modernize the client’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system designed for enterprise customers to manage, monitor, and schedule repairs of their assets. Enterprise assets could be Transformers, Substations, Power Grids, Railway Tracks, Trains, Cargo, Depos that hold cargo etc.
- Modernize existing UI/UX of application
- Optimize performace of the application
- Incorporate latest functionalities of Ext JS
- Add functionality to both web and mobile versions of the application
- Provide insights by performing Quality Assurance (both manual and automation)
- Help build and improve the client’s Automation Testing Framework
- Understanding the core architecture of a large enterprise application such as this was demanding.
- Ownership of multiple parts of the app rested with different teams in the client organization, collaborating with them to arrive at a feasible, holistic solution was challenging.
- Understanding compatibility issues while upgrading to latest Ext JS features and ensuring optimal performance was a challenge due to the sheer scale of the application.
- Being an application that is used by a very vast user base, incorporating UI/UX changes which would cater to the varied demographic was difficult.
With multiple kinds of services being provided, Celestial included members from the following teams:
- UI/UX – Create mock-ups for new functionality working along with the client team
- Ext JS – Upgrade the Ext JS version to bring in new features offered. Work with the collaborative UI/UX team to develop the new functionality
- ReactJS – Develop new functionality for the mobile app and fix bugs
- QA – Help test the functionality being built/modernized. Help in building and optimizing the client’s automation testing framework.
Collaborative Work Culture
The scale of the app and diverse functional requirements saw Celestial assemble a team of diverse skill sets who had to interact with multiple teams from the client’s end to arrive at a holistic and feasible solution. This saw us collaborate with a lot of different entities, gather inputs, and provide solutions. Feedback received from multiple quarters was consolidated to arrive at a solution conducive for the different stakeholders involved.
- Provided client with a modernized and optimized application
- UI/UX changes ensured client retention and healthier workflows
- Improved application performance
- Additional features offered by new version of Ext JS offered more flexibility
- Additional features implemented on both web and mobile versions